Picking up where they left off from last season, the Barton Community College women's golf team increased their day one lead to run away with the team title at the first KJCCC Meet of the season. Protecting their home StoneRidge Golf Club course for the past two days, the Lady Cougars built an eight stroke lead in Friday's opening eighteen hole round before tacking on another fourteen in Saturday's final nine holes to win by twenty-two strokes. Barton finished with a team twenty-seven hole total of 519 while Dodge City Community College finished at 541 with Coffeyville Community College carding a 566.
The Lady Cougars placed four in the top ten led by Peerada Piddon's 106 capturing the individual title by ten strokes over Dodge City's Rachanok Rahulpan. Piddon, who exceeded her best competition score at StoneRidge by eight strokes, posted an even par 71 on Friday before firing a 1-under 35 in Saturday's final as Rahulpan also broke the forty mark closing with a 38 after an opening 78.
The Conquistadors' Orakorn Thirayatorn grabbed the third spot bouncing back from a tough 83 opening round with a 43 on Saturday to finish at 126. Coffeyville's number one player Cheyenne Musser was eight strokes behind at 134 carding an 88 and 46 to finish in the fourth spot.
Mackenzie Fabrizius placed second on the Lady Cougar squad with a consistent 90 and 45 to finish tied for fifth with Coffeyville's Jordan Lee at 135. Kendra Jellison made her Barton debut in the third position finishing tied with teammate Olivia Neuenswander for seventh with a 138 total. Jellison followed her opening 91 with a Saturday round of 47 while Neuenswander, who played as an individual, opened with a 93 before carding a final round of 45.
Miranda Kern also had a bounce back round going from an opening 100 to fire a 43 tying for the third best final round score to move into the 10th spot with Dodge City's Logan Gleason at 143.
Falling out the top ten from an opening 97, sophomore Janae Champlin closed with a 51 to finish at 148 with Taylor Becker the final player of Barton entries recovering from a debut 115 to card a 50 on the final nine to finish with a 165.
Barton will be back on the links in a couple of days joining their fellow men's squad traveling to Bartlesville, Oklahoma, for the Coffeyville Invitational to be held Monday and Tuesday at Adams Municipal Golf Course.
- Piddon, the reigning Region VI Champion, won her fourth conference meet after capturing three last season.
- The Lady Cougars returned three sophomores (Piddon, Fabrizius, and Champlin) while seeing the debut of four freshman (Jellison, Neuenswander, Kern, and Becker)
Team Standings (Final - 27 Holes):
Barton CC - 519
Dodge City CC – 541
Coffeyville CC - 566
Individual Standings (Final – 27 Holes):
1. Peerada Piddon (Barton) – 106
2. Rachanok Rahulpan (Dodge City) - 116
3. Orakorn Thirayatorn (Dodge City) – 126
4. Cheyenne Musser (Dodge City) – 134
5. Mackenzie Fabrizius (Barton) and Jordan Lee (Coffeyville) – 135
7. Kendra Jellison (Barton) and Olivia Neuenswander (Barton) – 138
9. Bailey Bowman (Coffeyville) – 141
10. Miranda Kern (Barton) and Logan Gleason (Dodge City) - 143