ATHLETIC TRAINING COVERAGE FOR TEAMS COMPETING AT BARTON (Printable)
Athletic Training personnel, services, and equipment available at all athletic contests held at Barton venues both on and off campus.
The Cougar Athletic Training Facility is located in the Kirkman Center between the practice gym and the competition volleyball/basketball court.
Office Phone: (620) 792-9371 Fax: (620) 786-1161
Athletic Trainers, staff and/or student, will be present at all contests.
Head Athletic Trainer: Ken Henderson, MS, ATC/L
Office: (620) 792-9371; Cell Phone: (620) 282-0341; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barton's Team Physician, a family practice physician, is present at most home basketball games. Dr. Perry Smith, MD -- 1309 Polk, Great Bend; Phone: (620) 792-5341
Emergency Services (available 24 hours a day):
- Ambulance Service: Great Bend Fire Department -- 911
- Great Bend Regional Hospital Emergency Room - 514 Cleveland, Great Bend; Phone: (620) 792-8833
Urgent Care (8:00am to 8:00pm):
- Great Bend Regional Urgent Care (Walk-In) Clinic - 514 Cleveland, Great Bend; Phone: (620) 792-8833
Supplies and Equipment available at all home contests (excluding golf):
- Water & cups with waste receptacle at each bench or designated area
"water boys" will be used for soccer and track & field meets
- Ice chest w/bags and flexi-wrap at each bench or designated area
- Splints/crutches available if needed
- Water & cups in the locker room (basketball only)
Athletic Training Services
Visiting teams are invited to use the Cougar Athletic Training Room. It opens 1½ hours prior to the beginning of any event. The Barton Athletic Training Staff will be available to tape visiting athletes upon request (please provide advance notice). All taping supplies must be furnished by the visiting team.
Whirlpool and moist heat treatments will be given upon request of the athlete's Athletic Trainer or Head Coach. Other treatments (ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation, etc.) will be administered only on written prescription from the Athletic Trainer or Team Physician of the athlete's own institution.